Advanced Machining utilizes best of class machining and measuring equipment to produce tooling, prototypes, and production parts. We serve leading OEM customers in a variety of demanding industries such as aerospace and defense, power generation, medical, research, automotive and others. We have experience with a wide range of quantities and material types, including high performance and exotic materials. Our staff has many years of experience and a high level of technical competency. Products and services include:
- Prototype components – military, aerospace and commercial
- Production manufacturing – automated machining with pallet changing
- Dies – stamping, forming, compacting, extrusion, fine blanking
- Hard die milling – up to 65 Rc
- Mold cavities and cores – plastic die-cast, compression
- EDM electrodes & special cutting tools
- Inspection services & reverse engineering
Our equipment capabilities include:
- Automated 3 to 5-axis machining centers with spindle speeds up to 42,000
- Laser tool measurement with robotic work loading.
- Axis travels up to 40” x 26”
- Capable of complex 3D geometry to close tolerances and superfine finishes.
- Materials: all steel alloys, fully hardened steels, high nickel alloys, titanium, aluminum, ultra-hard ceramic composites, non-ferrous alloys, polymers.
- Automated, high accuracy, Swiss-built 5-axis Wire EDM systems with travels up to 20” x 14” x 16.5” thickness.
- Automated 4-axis Sinker EDM systems capable of helical geometry and fine finishes
- Materials: any conductive material including steels, carbide, nickel alloys, and refractory metals.
- Up to 10” diameter
- Highly precise hard turning capability
- We have an extensive base of proven approved suppliers for materials, heat treatment, welding, plating, coatings and testing.
Advanced Machining utilizes Mastercam 3D solid modeling and CAM programming for CNC milling, turning and EDM processes. We commonly receive part drawings in the following formats: IGES, DXF, ParaSOLIDS, VDA, STEP, DWG and SAT, but can accommodate other formats as needed. We also utilize Spaceclaim Engineer to support 3D modeling.
Advanced Machining is AS9100C and ISO 9001:2008 certified. Documentation management is supported by ShopTech E2 enterprise software. Our gage blocks, surface plates and instruments are calibrated and traceable, per ISO9001:2008 requirements. Inspection systems include:
Zeiss Eclipse 550 ST CMM
- Fully CNC controlled and networked
- Zeiss ST 3D dynamic touch probe (w/fully automatic probe changing)
- 0.00008 linear accuracy / 0.000022” volumetric accuracy
- Temperature controlled environment
- Calypso & Holos measurement software supports 2D and 3D measurement